A Simple Woman's DayBook

>> Monday, August 11, 2014

Outside my window... sunshine, the rustling of the breeze through the trees, a few twittering birds.  It's been great to be able to have the windows open at night again!

I am thinking... of what all needs to happen this week as we plan and prepare for a weekend family gathering and a "girls' getaway" shortly afterwards

I am thankful... for early morning quiet.

In the kitchen... the countertops are clear and clean right now, but will likely be covered in green beans, cucumbers, and zucchini at various points this week.

I am wearing... my comfy sweatpants, a ratty old T-shirt, and a thick sweatshirt, socks, and SLIPPERS!  I'm not complaining, but it's almost COLD in here this morning!!

I am creating... a family photo page to add to a friend's online scrapbook project

I am going... to town later today to buy groceries and sell an out-grown set of the girls' books ~ the first of many decluttering steps!

I am wondering... what I will put on the grocery list because I haven't really made my menu yet!!

I am reading... Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider, The Bourne Retribution by Eric Van Lustbader, and When Will My Life Not Suck? by Ramon Presson, for myself, and to the girls at bedtime: Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson

I am hoping... for lake weather this weekend!  Right now, the forecast doesn't look so great...

I am looking forward to... having my husband home again this week.  Last week and this week are the only two weeks this summer he's been able to spend at home.

I am learning... (slowly) to savour simple joys each day instead of waiting for something bigger to come along and make me happy.

Around the house... I am psyching myself to go through the girls' clothing and school supplies this week to take stock, declutter, and see what needs purchasing for fall

I am pondering... what feels like a long "to do" list for the week!

A favorite quote for today... 

One of my favorite things... hot coffee waiting for me when I wake up

A few plans for the rest of the week: not sure yet what I'll try to squeeze in beside the puttering, decluttering, and laundry!

A peek into my day...
The Man giving Mack some "HayDay" pointers!"
(he's become quite an expert!)


* Click the Simple Woman's Daybook graphic at the top of the post to visit our host and other daybookers.

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing a laugh with me!

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP