Practicing Gratitude 01.09

>> Thursday, January 9, 2014

Hosted in January by Iris @ Grace AloneWell, I didn't have trouble thinking of what I was thankful for THIS morning!

After a solid month of exceptionally low temperatures and windchills, I woke up to -13! (8.6F)  That might not seem terribly warm to some of you, but trust me, on the Canadian prairies this time of year, it really is.  Normals for this period range from -13 to 5F.

And as you can see from this beautiful little chart, the next two weeks are not only expected to hover about and above this range, but in comparison to the last month, January will feel downright BALMY!

(I know, I know, it's not likely going to turn out that way, but it's sure nice to look at and hope for anyway!!)

I'm thankful for a warm home and a combination of sheets and comforters that has kept us nice and warm (even too hot some nights!).

And I'm thankful the school kids will FINALLY start getting some much-needed fresh air with their exercise again.  Indoor recesses and lunch-hours for the last month, with an entire Christmas vacation spent necessarily indoors in between, has made for a lot of cabin fever!  This means that I, too, will be able to enjoy daily walks again.

I'm grateful for the new lease on life a long-overdue positive turn in the weather seems to bring!

(Okay, and now I'll try to post about something other than the weather for a while!)

Snowball Fight
* Click the TT button at the top of the post to visit our hostess and other thankful bloggers!

1 Comments:

Miriam Pauline Friday, January 10, 2014 at 2:45:00 AM CST  

Coming from Thankful Thursday: Glad you can find thankfulness in the depths of winter. (and very glad you are warm). I'm so thankful I haven't had to deal with the weather (so I get it). Warm hugs.

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing a laugh with me!

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP