Practicing Gratitude

>> Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Hosted in December by Iris @ Grace AloneWell, the hustle and bustle is indeed catching up with me!  But it has been a good week.

I'm thankful all the presents have been bought, all the wrapping is done, and I'm so excited to see the faces of two little girls when they open their gifts!

I'm grateful my best friend and I took the time to go out for coffee one night this week just to chat.  Both of us had plenty that could have kept us busy at home, but I'm glad we decided to visit for a while instead.

I'm thankful to reconnect with an old friend whom I haven't seen in almost a decade and whose address I misplaced last Christmas after she sent me a random card after years of silence. This year, when a card from her appeared in the mail, I KEPT her return address and mailed back a card with a note as well, including my email address.  A few days later, there was an email from her!  I'm looking forward to giving her a call in the New Year and catching up.

I'm grateful the issue I alluded to last week has been dealt with and peace and happiness has been restored!  It IS a work in progress (aren't we all??), and it's not like these things will never happen ever again, but having worked through it once makes it easier the next time.

I'm thankful for Christmas and I'm so looking forward to heading down to The Big City to celebrate with our families.  It'll feel chaotic like it always does, I'm sure, but I'm praying for a good attitude and the desire to be a blessing to my parents, in-laws, and siblings.

I'm grateful for the end of the school term and Christmas holidays!!

I'm thankful for fresh snow.  We got our first "real" snow on November 5/6, but haven't had more than a few flurries since then.  With the milder temperatures we've been enjoying, it was starting to look rather dingy and messy outside (more like early April does around here!), so I was happy to see the snow falling this morning in big, fat, lazy flakes and making everything clean and bright again.

And I especially loved walking in it before daylight and being the first one to mess up the new blanket of white on the road!!

Frosty 

* Click the TT button at the top of the post to visit our host and other thankful bloggers!

3 Comments:

rkbsnana Wednesday, December 21, 2011 at 9:35:00 PM CST  

Yes, we have a lot to be thankful for - or rather grateful

Ms. Kathleen Thursday, December 22, 2011 at 11:54:00 AM CST  

We had snow yesterday and it has been so super mild up here in the hills! Amazing but for Christmas, we need some of the white stuff!

I also have had to opportunity to hear from old long, lost and almost forgotten friends - It is a blessing to be sure!

God Bless and Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing a laugh with me!

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP