Monday, November 14, 2011

Jesus' Little Light

This is another repost from a year ago. I was going through my archives a while back and this is another one that caught my eye. It's a little too early (in my opinion, anyway!) to be focusing on Christmas just yet, but EVERY day is the right day to focus on The Light of the World...

Last year I bought myself a Christmas decoration ~ it's the word "LOVE" with a small, lit nativity scene within the "O." It was on sale after Christmas and I had just enough gift money left over to purchase it.

Of course, since it was only purchased after Christmas, it didn't arrive in time to display last year and it's been sitting in storage for the last 10 months. Last Sunday, I decided to slowly ease into Christmas and broke out some of the seasonal CD's. On Tuesday, I brought out the never-before-displayed crĂȘche.

The girls LOVED it. It was already dark outside, so I flipped the little switch to illuminate the scene. They were mesmerized and for the next two days, I had problems getting them to keep their hands off it.

Thursday morning, after the girls' alarm had gone off, li'l Fidget came down the stairs to use the bathroom, but when she got down to the still-dark main floor of our home, I heard a little gasp and then she came running to the office where I was finishing up my quiet time.

"Mom!" she said with eyes wide in excitement, "you could put Jesus' little light on?! 'Cause it's DARK out there!!"

I laughed and told her that if she was careful, she could tilt it back and flip the switch. While she ran off to do just that, I couldn't help but wish...


...I felt the same excitement every morning at the prospect of BEING "Jesus' little light" and shining into the darkness.

Tangled Lights 

2 Comments:

Paula said...

I love this analogy... and I also love the visual of your girls being so mesmerized by that little light!

rkbsnana said...

Heartwarming before I go off to greet the world this morning.

since Mar 26/10

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; All content © swanvalleytammi.blogspot.com

Back to TOP