Practicing Gratitude

>> Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hosted in September by
Iris @ Grace Alone
Man, I can't believe it's that time of the week again! I don't know WHERE the time is going, but I don't seem to spend much of it writing here anymore, that's for sure!

I'm sure that's a sign I'm far too busy! ;)

I'm grateful hubby and I had the perfect opportunity to go on ANOTHER date night. (I know ~ pinch me, right?  I must be dreaming!!  TWO date nights in ONE WEEK!!)  Peanut and Fidget were both invited to a sleep-over birthday party and so I rode with The 'Man for the second half of his trip from the bush up to the mill.

After he'd unloaded (pictured below), we went out for a late dinner before hopping back into the semi for the 2-hr return trip home.


I'm grateful my husband has a job, even though it often feels considerably less than ideal for everyone.  Sometimes it feels like he just can't win ~ either he's working and we've got a good, steady income but he's never home, or he's home lots but then we've got no income.  For him so often it feels like a lose-lose situation.  I'm thankful he puts in some very serious effort as the sole provider for our family.  I wish it would be easier for him.

But I'm so grateful that the reason he's gone lots isn't because he doesn't want to be at home.  I'm thankful I can reassure my girls that their daddy loves them very much even though he isn't always home while they're awake to say it himself, and that we know it's the truth.  I'm not just making something up to make them feel better.

Autumn Rose
I'm thankful for a good turn-out for our first church ladies' meeting on Monday night.  Mostly it was just a coffee and visiting night, but I gave a short devotional about how and why we need each other in the Body of Christ, as members of HIS Church. I found this handy little printable list of the "One Anothers of Scripture" that fit really well with the topic and I made it into little reminder cards/bookmarks for each of us to take home to help us remember.

I'm grateful for a small but wonderful bunch of women who love our church and I'm looking forward to a year of getting together to celebrate that!

Butterfly watching 
* Click the TT button at the top of the post to visit our host and other thankful bloggers!

7 Comments:

The Real Me! Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 4:53:00 AM CDT  

I love your heart my friend. Husbands have such a responsibilities resting on their shoulders. I don't know how they do it sometimes. It definitely keeps mine relying on the Lord and that's always a good thing.
Have a great day!
Kim

Brooke Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 10:44:00 AM CDT  

don't you think sometimes on the road is the best place to get a good conversation? no TV to distract, dinner to eat, or books to read. just me, my hub-sand, and the open road. Thank God for that opportunity

Carol Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 1:53:00 PM CDT  

That is a great list of thanks!

I am sure that you are an encouragement to the ladies in your church.

Jessica Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 4:27:00 PM CDT  

Wonderful things to be thankful for. Isn't it wonderful to have a husband who provides, even though it means he has to be away? It must be hard.

Misty Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 8:30:00 PM CDT  

Oh I can relate to you on so many levels. I too have a husband that travels quite frequently, but I am so thankful that he is all he can for all of us and that he is a great father to our children. I love my church ladies too, seems like I need them more these days and I am blessed to be surrounded by a great bunch.

Thank you so much for sharing and opening my eyes to all those who are around me.

Blessings,
Misty

Tami Boesiger Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 9:53:00 PM CDT  

Praising God with you for a faithful, hard-working husband.

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing a laugh with me!

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP