I think I've seen this idea floating around the blogosphere ever since I started blogging way back in May of 2007 (!!), but never joined in the practice.
I think I will now. I think it's fitting for the pursuit of a new attitude. And really...
And so today, I'm thankful:
- For a husband who works so hard to try and make it possible to single-handedly support our family financially so that I can be a stay-at-home mom, even though that means we can't pay for many of the things we'd like to.
- And that he wasn't injured when he had a little mishap with the semi-truck one night last week.
- And that we can communicate well when it matters. We're realizing we've maybe lost a bit of focus on our relationship with each other lately and it was good to be able to sit down and really talk about where we feel
weI've gone wrong and how we'd likeI need to try and change.
- For two little girls who play AMAZINGLY well together pretty much all the time. I don't know if it's because they don't have any other options or because they just really enjoy each other, but I LOVE IT! They make my job easier ~ and make me look like I know what I'm doing!!
- For sunshine that's actually WARM again!! As long as the sun's out these days, the woodstove isn't needed and the furnace doesn't have to run at all either! YAY!
- For the muck and slush that signal the beginnings of SPRING! It's happening earlier this year than normal, which is nice because the last two years we've had very late, cold springs.
- That the pulp & paper industry's "harvest season" started early this winter ~ way back in December already. Because if we'd only started it towards the end of January like we did last year, this early spring would hurt a lot!
- For muscles that still work ~ despite the creaking, groaning, protesting joints! I started jogging again last weekend and though I can tell it's been a while, the ol' legs still work and are already getting stronger. The heart and lungs seem to be managing just fine, too!
- That God is good, that He is sovereign, and that He desires ME.
Man, it's always amazing to me how this kind of list could really go on and on and on. When you actually sit down to count your blessings, they so far outweigh the bad. What are the good things in your life today?
* Click the button at the top of the post to visit our host and check out other thankful people.