>> Thursday, July 31, 2014
ACK!! I'm not sure I'm very grateful for that, but I AM thankful we still have five weeks of summer holiday still left. Whew.
It's felt a little like a "nothing" month around here, which is weird, because my parents came out for a weekend two weeks ago, and then we went camping with The Man's family last weekend. But I guess since that only accounts for a total of four days in the month and we really didn't have much else going on, that would explain the feeling!
Nonetheless, over the last two weeks I've been thankful for:
- good relationships with both my parents and my in-laws. Spending time with our parents/the girls' grandparents is something we all enjoy.
- very nice weather over the last month ~ felt just like summer should!
- no real need for a routine
- the girls had a great week at Bible/Ranch camp
- the enjoyment we all get from eating a later supper in front of the TV on "MasterChef Mondays"
- despite being nowhere close to MasterChef material, I am a decent cook and we eat well (ie. no one's losing weight!!)
- the means to buy whatever groceries I want, whenever I need/want them
- first garden produce, harvested Tuesday afternoon
- my girls make being a good parent look easy
- a good "Tammies Night Out" last week ~ my friend Tammy and I went to see the movie "Tammy" together!
- a drive home from town in the evening with the windows rolled down because it was just too beautiful a night not to!
- I can go out for the evening without needing a sitter (or worrying that the house will still be standing when I return!)
- cool mornings and hot afternoons
- a fun family camping weekend, even though the weather wasn't perfect for being at the beach this time
- The Man finally had time to set up the pool on Tuesday before he left for another 10-day shift and despite being filled with very cold well water just yesterday morning, the girls enjoyed a quick cool-down in the afternoon
...just to name a few!