>> Thursday, November 27, 2014
Well. Only three days till December. For REAL! Yikes.
I've been especially thankful this last week that the snow and extreme cold held off until The Man was around to help the girls finish stacking all our firewood. They were working away at it for half an hour to an hour here and there, but weren't making huge progress with the heap. They finished the job with their dad's help on Saturday, just as the first real snow began to fall. (we ended up getting several inches by Sunday morning)
Other things I'm thankful for:
- visits with old friends
- thought-provoking and really good discussion-starting Sunday school material (we're working through David Platt's Radical study)
- the Bible study group we joined last month
- no shortage of good books to read
- filling two Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes and contributing some extras to fill others
- the girls readily accepted my idea of reading a chapter of the Bible to them each morning at breakfast and seem to be quite enjoying it. We'd tried since summer to spend time reading a chapter together daily, but we seemed to never find a "good" time and the girls often felt like it was an unpleasant obligation, especially when it came to longer chapters or lists of names! Now that I'm reading it to them while they're eating, they actually seem to look forward to it. We're following this plan (using our own dates), which tells the Bible's overall story in 365 chapters, making reading through the Bible in a year very manageable for people of all ages.
- our bright red cardinal is still frequenting our feeder, and looks especially beautiful now against the backdrop of white snow
- no more volleyball practices to make extra trips to town for (though I'm glad Mack enjoyed her first experience as part of a school sports team)
- though it's still too full of bins and other stuff, at least the upstairs landing is free of tripping hazards. And we can see most of the girls' bedroom floor again, too!
- Mmmmm, Christmas goodies!
What are you most thankful for today?
|(For all my American friends!)|